Jodhpuri Mirchi Vada
Jodhpuri Mirchi Vada
For Mirchi Wada Stuffing:
1 cup Green Chillies – slight big and fat
Oil – for Tadka and frying
1 tsp Fennel seed
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tsp Hing / Asafoetida
1 Tbsp Dried Pomegranate Seeds
1 tbsp chopped Green Chillies
1 tbsp chopped Ginger
1 big Onion – Chopped
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Corinader Powder
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1 tbsp Kismis
1 cup boiled and mashed Potatoes
Salt to taste
Handful chopped Coriander Leaves
1 tbsp Amchur Powder
1 cup Besan
Salt to taste
1 tspn Turmeric Powder
1 tspn Red Chilli Powder
1 tspn Hing / Asafoetida
1 tspn Carrom Seeds
- For MirchiWADA stuffing:
- First of all, take a few pieces of green chillies, slit them from the middle but make sure you do not break it into 2 halves,
- Now with a scoop out the seeds from inside and then keep the chillies aside.
- Now for the stuffing, take some dried pomegranate seeds and crush them coarsely and keep it aside.
- Then take a pan, pour some oil in it, as the oil heats up then add some cumin seeds, fennel seeds, some hing and let it crackle.
- Then add some green chillies, chopped ginger and quickly toss it.
- Then add some mediums size chopped onions and then add some masalas like turmeric powder, coriander powder some red chilli powder and a pinch of garam masala and mix of it and let it cook.
- Do not completely cook the onions so that it gives a nice crunchy taste, now add somekishmis to give it a khattameeta taste.
- Then add the same amount of boiled and mashed potatoes as the onions and cook it well and then add some salt to taste.
- Now add some chopped coriander to it to give a nice colour, taste and fragrance to the food prepared.
- And finally, add the crushed pomegranate seeds and then add some amchur powder to give it a nice tangy taste then mix everything to make a nice flavourful stuffing for the chillies.
- Once the stuffing is ready keep it aside.
- For Batter:
- Take a bowl, add some besan, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ajwain powder, some hing and waterand then whisk everything thoroughly.
- Now add some 2 tbsp ofovernight soaked urad daal, make it a smooth and thick paste and add it to the prepared mixture then add some baking powder into this mixture to make it nice and fluffy.
- Mix everything well and keep it aside.
- For Chai:
- Take a saucepan and add 2 cups of water and let it boil.
- Add coarsely ground ginger and cardamom together and add it in the saucepan and allow it to boil with the water.
- The add some tea leaves and let them boil for a while.
- Once the tea starts to boil, add some sugar and milk, stir well and again boil for few minutes.
- Once the tea starts boiling and gains its texture and colour, turn off the flame.
- Filter the tea with a help of a strainer and pour it into a tea kettle and serve it later.
- For the WADA making:
- Take the chillies, put a small amount of the stuffing inside the chilli one by one and press the two halves together to remove the extra stuffing.
- Now put all the stuffed chillies into the batter and cover them well. Make sure the batter is not too loose or not to thick.
- Then put the chillies one by one into the hot oil for deep frying.
- Once the chillies are fried and crispy, take them out on a plate.
- Soak the extra oil with the help of tissue paper.
- And then serve the hot MirchiWada along with chai and green chutney. Enjoy!