Moong Dal Barfi
Moong Dal Barfi
1 cup Moong Daal – Grinded into fine powder
1 cup Ghee / Clarified Butter
1 cup Sugar
1 tspn Cardamom Powder
1 cup Khoya
½ cup Pistachios – blanched
Aluminium foil to garnish
- Take some moong dal to grind them into a fine powder, then strain it so that you’ll get the fine powder out of it
- Now in a pan pour some ghee and stir fry the moong dal powder and let it cook.
- It is important to stir fry it in low flame. So that it loses its raw flavour. While cooking it gives out a great aroma. Continuously stir fry the mixture. And then switch off the gas.
- Now add one cup of sugar and add one tsp of cardamon powder for fragrance and flavor. Let the sugar melt and mix well in the mixture
- Then add one cup of khoya (Quick tip) Add khoya once the moong dal has turned golden brown and cooled down.
- Or else the khoya might get the brunt. Even though the gas is off.. there’s enough heat for the khoya to melt and cook in.
- Now the halwa is ready and cooked
- Now Grease a tray with ghee and pour the mixture in the tray and press it evenly with a spoon.
- Let it cool down
- Then garnish it with some blanched and chopped pistachios
- (Quick tip) blanch the pistachio in hot water for 10-20 seconds and then remove it and rub it with a piece of cloth so that the covering is removed. This will help the pistachio to retain its bright green color.
- Also, apply some edible silver foil on the barfi for garnish.
- Now refrigerate it until the barfi is completely and cool set
- Then remove the barfi from its sides onto a plate and cut it into square pieces and then serve. Enjoy!