Potato Snacks Recipe
Quick and easy Potato Snacks recipe from Chef Ajay Chopra
Want to impress your friends and family with some delicious potato snacks?
Look no further! Celebrity Chef Ajay Chopra has created a special potato snack recipe just for you. With his decades of culinary expertise, he’s crafted this unique and flavorful dish that will make your taste buds sing. Plus, it uses only ingredients that are already in your pantry or fridge - so there’s no need to buy anything new!
The crunchy potatoes combined with the fragrant spices creates an exciting flavor journey. Your friends and family will thank you for introducing them to this delicious treat at your next gathering. And everyone will want to know how they can get their hands on one of these tasty snacks too!
Follow along with Ajay Chopra today and learn how to create delicious Potato Snack Recipe from scratch!
Potato boiled 4-5 pcs
Cornflour 2 tbsp
Black salt 1 tsp
Jeera powder 1 tsp
Coriander chopped 1 tbsp
Chilli flakes 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Coriander seeds 1 tbsp
Jeera ½ tbsp
Cloves 3-4 pcs
Black pepper ½ tbsp
Amchur powder 2 tsp
Tatri ½ tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Black salt 1 tsp
Sugar ½ tsp
Sweet chilli sauce
Oil 1 tbsp
Garlic chopped 1 tbsp
Chilli flakes 1 tbsp
Vinegar 2 tbsp
Sugar 1 tbsp
Water ¼ cup
Honey 1 tbsp
Salt ½ tsp
Cornflour 1 tbsp
For the Spice Mix:
1. Begin by heating a pan over medium heat.
2. Add a handful of coriander seeds, cumin seeds (jeera), cloves, and black pepper to the pan. Toast them gently until they release their aromatic fragrance, which should take around 2-3 minutes. Keep a close eye on them to avoid burning.
3. Transfer these fragrant spices to a mixer jar, and then add amchur powder (dried mango powder), tatri (citric acid), red chilli powder, black salt, and sugar to the mix.
4. Grind the combination into a fine powder. This spice mix will add a burst of flavours to your potato snack.
For the Sweet Chili Sauce:
1. In another pan, heat some oil over medium heat. Add finely chopped garlic and sauté until it turns a delightful golden brown, infusing the oil with its rich flavour.
2. Introduce chilli flakes to the pan and sauté for a short while. This step enhances the heat and spiciness of your sauce.
3. Now, it's time to balance the flavours. Pour in vinegar, sugar, water, honey, and a pinch of salt. Let them simmer together for about a minute, allowing the sweet, tangy, and spicy elements to meld.
4. To achieve the desired thickness and consistency, add a cornflour slurry (cornflour mixed with a bit of water). Stir it in and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Your sweet chilli sauce is now ready.
5. Once it cools, transfer the sauce into an airtight container for storage. This versatile sauce can be used for various dishes.
For the Potato Snack:
1. Take a flat plate and grate boiled potatoes onto it. The potatoes should be soft and mashable.
2. Season the grated potatoes with a pinch of black salt, jeera powder, chilli flakes, chopped coriander, and a bit of cornflour to bind the mixture together.
3. Knead these ingredients into a smooth dough. Allow the dough to rest for a short while; this will make it easier to work with.
4. Now, take a portion of the dough and roll it into a thin cylindrical shape, around 10 centimetres in length. These will be your potato snack sticks.
5. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Carefully add the rolled potato dough sticks into the hot oil.
6. Fry them until they turn crispy and achieve a beautiful golden brown colour. This should take a few minutes.
7. Once they're perfectly fried, remove them from the oil and drain any excess oil.
8. While still warm, dust these delicious potato snacks with the prepared spice mix and give them a gentle toss to coat them evenly.
Your homemade potato snacks are now ready to be served! They pair wonderfully with the sweet chilli sauce you've prepared or with classic ketchup. Enjoy the burst of flavours in every crispy bite.
Are you ready to tantalize your taste buds with this irresistible potato snack?
Chef Ajay Chopra has masterfully combined simplicity and flavor in this recipe, making it the perfect solution for a quick and satisfying snack. You don't need to be a culinary expert to enjoy the deliciousness of these potato snacks. For more culinary wonders, be sure to check out Chef Ajay Chopra's other recipes, courses, and books. Explore the world of flavorful possibilities and elevate your cooking skills today!
Don't miss out on more delicious recipes by Chef Ajay Chopra! Explore his courses and books to become a culinary pro. Create memorable moments with every dish you serve.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What's the secret to making these potato snacks extra crispy?
Achieving the perfect crispiness is all about frying the potato sticks until they turn a beautiful golden brown.
Can I adjust the level of spiciness in the sweet chili sauce?
Absolutely! You can customize the spiciness by adding more or less chili flakes to suit your taste.
How long can I store the sweet chili sauce?
The sweet chili sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Can I use any type of potato for this recipe?
While you can use different potato varieties, it's best to choose ones that have a soft and mashable texture for the best results.
Are there any alternatives to deep frying for a healthier option?
You can try baking the potato sticks in the oven for a healthier alternative, though it will result in a slightly different texture.
Can I make these snacks in advance for a party?
Yes, you can prepare the potato sticks and sweet chili sauce in advance and fry them just before serving for the best taste and texture.
What can I serve as a dip alongside these potato snacks?
Besides the sweet chili sauce, these snacks pair wonderfully with classic ketchup or a yogurt-based dip for a refreshing contrast.
What are some other dishes I can create with the spice mix used in this recipe?
The versatile spice mix can be used to add a burst of flavors to a variety of dishes, including roasted vegetables, grilled meats, and even as a seasoning for soups and stews.