Paneer Tikka Makhni Recipe
Paneer Tikka Makhni
- For Makhni Gravy:
- Take a saucepan and add some medium sizes diced tomatoes and some water along with it add some cardamom powder, some cloves, bay leaves, some green chilies, and some coriander roots, and some ginger and garlic chopped
- Then add cinnamon, black cardamom, and some medium-sized onion and cashew nuts. Add some water and oil to give it a nice glaze then mix everything well.
- Cover it with a lid and let it cook for 15 to 20 mins till all the vegetables become soft.
- Once the tomatoes are soft and cooked, take all the whole spices out of the gravy.
- Now mash the gravy with the help of a hand blender. After this step, strain the gravy with the help of a strainer.
- For Tikka Masala Mix:
- Take a pan and let the oil get lukewarm, then pour that oil in a bowl and add some turmeric powder, red chili powder, and mix everything to get the natural color.
- Then add some coriander powder, some cumin powder, garam masala powder and some ginger garlic paste and some kasuri methi then instead of salt you can add some black salt to give it a nice fragrance.
- Now take some hung curd, you can take some curd in a muslin or cotton cloth and hang it so that all the excess water is removed from the curd.
- To get a better binding to add some roasted chana dal powder.
- Now add the paneer chunks into the masala mix and keep it for about 10 to 15 mins.
- Now take a grilling tray and put in some oil then add the marinated paneer cubes and fry them till they become brown and grilled from all the sides.
- For Paneer Tikka:
- Take a pan and add some oil once it heats, add finely chopped onions, some ginger garlic paste, red chilly powder, and little water then sauté everything for a while.
- Then add the makhani gravy and cook it until it’s slightly reduced.
- Then add some butter and cream and mix everything well.
- Then season it with some salt, some honey to reduce the tangy taste of the tomatoes, some roasted and crushed Kasuri methi and coriander leaves, green chilies, and tikka paneer chunks at this stage.
- Mix everything well and stir the gravy for a few minutes.
- Your delicious Paneer Tikka Makhani is ready.
- Serve hot. Enjoy along with Rotis/parathas.