Crispy Samosa Recipe
For crush masala
• Cumin seed – 2tsp
• Coriander seed – 1tsp
• Saunf – 1tsp
• Black pepper – 10-12nos
• Oil – 1tbsp
• Chopped ginger – ½ tbsp
• Chopped green chili – 1tsp
• Hing – 1tsp
• Red chili powder – 1tsp
• Haldi – 1tsp
• Coriander powder – 1tsp
• Garam masala – 1tsp
• Pudina powder – 1tsp
• Amchoor powder – 1tsp
• Black salt – 1tsp
• Green peas – ½ cup
• Boiled crush potato – 2nos
• Anardana powder – ½ tsp
• Chopped coriander – 1tbsp
• Citric acid – 1pinch
• Paneer dices – ½ cup
• Maida – 2cup
• Ajwain – 1tsp
• Salt – 1tsp
• Oil – 1tbsp
• Roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, black pepper in a pan,
• Allow it to cool and grind it in a mortar pestle.
• Heat oil in a pan, add pounded masala, allow it to crackle.
• Add chopped ginger, chopped green chilly and hing and cook it for a while.
• Reduce the flame cook red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder cook till aroma releases.
• Put garam masala, pudhina powder, amchoor powder, black salt and cook for a while.
• Add green peas and saute for a while.
• Add boiled and crushed potato and mix in the masala.
• Add one more spoon of crushed masala, anardana powder, chopped coriander and few grains of citric acid.
• Finally add diced paneer and mix everything and allow it to cool.
• Meanwhile for samosa dough sieve maida in a bowl, or a parat or a clean bench wherever you are comfortable.
• Add ajwain, salt and rub oil in the flour to achieve sand crumb consistency, this process is known as "Moin" or shortening of dough.
• Add little water and knead a semi hard pliable dough.
• Allow the dough to rest ans knead it again with little oil, this process will contribute to pleasent texture of samosa.
• Divide the dough in equal portion, roll the dough in thin oblong shape.
• Divide the rolled sheet into two.
• Moist the edges of the rolled dough sheet, and seal both the corner with the help of fingers to make a cone.
• Stuff a good spoonful of aloo masala in the cone. • Secure the opening edges together,
• Fold the edges to seal the samosa nicely,
• You will be able to make 6 samosa like this.
• Heat oil in a kadahi to medium-low heat.
• Deep fry all the samosa in one batch.
• Allow it to fry and medium-low temperature initially for 6 to 8 min.
• Increase the temperature to make the samosa crust crispy.
• Remove samosas from the kadahi.
• Place it on the bed of kitchen towel to absord extra oil.
• Serve samosa with sweet tamarind chutney and coriander chutney.