Gulab Ki Kheer Recipe
Gulab Ki Kheer
- 750 ml Milk.
- 1/4 cup Rice.
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts.
- 2 tbsp. Ghee.
- 2 tbsp Condensed Milk.
- 1/4 cup Khoya/Mawa.
- generous pinch Cardamom powder.
- Handful Sugar.
- Few drops of Rose Syrup.
- 2 tbsp Rose Petal Jam
- First, boil some milk and add some already overnight soaked Rice to it. Cook them up together.
- Now heat some Ghee in a fresh pan and toast some chopped nuts like (Almonds, Cashews, and Pistachios, etc.) till they are golden brown.
- As the rice gets cooked in the milk, add a little condensed milk to this and let it dissolve nicely then add 1 cup Khoya/Mawa to this and mix it up nicely.
- Then add a generous pinch of Cardamon powder and a handful of Sugar and stir it nicely.
- Now when it cools down it gets thicker and to get that rose flavor in this, add some Rose flavor syrup and some gulkhand into one portion of the Kheer and mix them up together and you get a beautiful pink color.
- For serving add a layer of 1 tsp. rose petal Jam at the bottom of a glass and then add 1 tsp. Rose flavor syrup, a layer of toasted nuts over that, then fill it up with the pink Rose flavor (Gulab) Kheer leaving space at the top, again a layer of toasted nuts, a small layer of this white Kheer and then finally topped with the Rose flavored (Gulab) pink Kheer with a fine garnish of the leftover toasted nuts and some edible flowers on top.