Moong Dal Ki Pakodi Recipe
Moong Dal Ki Pakodi
- First soak 1/2cup of moong dal overnight so that it soaks all water, and can be made into a grainy textured paste.
- Then add the soaked moong dal to a mixer jar, add one tsp cumin seeds, some dried fenugreek leaves so that it mixes well and adds a great flavour to the batter then add some green chilli’s as well into the jar. ( if you don’t want it to be too spicy, remove the seeds of the chilli, as the seed contains the Spiciness. )
- Now grind all the ingredients. Make sure that it doesn’t turn into a fine paste.
- Remove the paste into a bowl and add about 1 tsp hing(asafoetida) about 1 tsp roasted cumin powder,1 tsp baking soda so that the pakodas get some crispiness then add 1tsp chopped ginger to the paste and 1/2 cup chopped onions, some salt according to your taste and 1 tsp red chilli powder ow mix the mixture well.
- Then add some freshly chopped coriander leaves and mix them.
- Now with a wet hand make small round balls of pakodas and deep fry them in hot oil.
- Stir them well and let them fry until crisp and golden brown.
- Take them out on a plate and serve the hot pakodas along with yummy green chutney.
- Enjoy your tea time with these delicious snacks. (Tip: sprinkle some chat masala over the pakodas to give it a great taste.)
- For the green chutney
- First, add some fresh coriander leaves to a mixer jar.
- Add about 3 green chillies to it.
- And few garlic cloves.
- Also, add 1 medium sizes tomato (roughly diced)
- Grind it until fine paste.
- Then transfer it into a small bowl.
- Then add some salt to taste.
- Around 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- And squeeze a lemon into the chutney paste.
- Then mix it well.
- And your pakodas are ready to be relished with a tasty chutney.