Kesar Peda Lassi Recipe
Kesar Peda Lassi: A Refreshing Drink
There are a lot of delicious desserts out there, but the Kesar Peda Lassi is one of the best because it combines the rich flavours of traditional Kesar Peda with the cool and refreshing essence of lassi. This one-of-a-kind mix has saffron-infused milk fudge, chopped nuts, and the tanginess of yoghurt. Let me tell you about my own experience with this amazing creation.
As a chef, I love trying new flavours, and the Kesar Peda Lassi has been a real treat. The sweetness of the Kesar Peda, the crunch of the chopped nuts, and the creaminess of the yoghurt work so well together that every sip is a pleasure. It is a dessert that not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also delights your senses with a rush of smells and textures.
Kesar Peda Lassi Description
Simply crumble the saffron-infused Kesar Peda and mix it with chopped cashews, almonds, and pistachios to make a delicious dessert. Adding saffron milk, cardamom powder, and yoghurt to the mixture makes the flavours stronger, making a lassi that is both rich and cool.
Kesar Peda Lassi is like going on a culinary adventure. Our full guide has more details, food tips, and answers to the most common questions. Let us make your life easier and your times more memorable together.
Saffron: Change the amount of saffron you use until the Kesar Peda Lassi has the flavour and colour you want.
Adjust Sweetness: Change the sweetness by changing how much sugar is in the saffron milk until it tastes the way you like it.
Desserts: When you drink Kesar Peda Lassi with light Indian treats, the flavours go well together and make for a delicious meal.
Snacks: You can enjoy the lassi as a treat on its own or with regular snacks to give your snack time a new twist.
Kesar Peda Lassi Recipe
Portions serving: 3-4 pax
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 05 mins
Calories: 250 cal per portion
- Kesar peda (Saffron-infused milk fudge)
- Chopped Cashew
- Chopped Pistachios
- Chopped Almonds
- Cardamom Powder
- Ice Cubes
- Begin by finely chopping cashews, almonds, and some pistachios. These nuts will add a delightful crunch and flavour to the Kesar Peda.
Crumbling Kesar Peda:
- Take a mixing bowl and start crumbling the Kesar Peda into small pieces. The Kesar Peda, with its saffron-infused flavour, forms the base of this delectable dessert.
Adding Chopped Nuts:
- To the crumbled Kesar Peda in the mixing bowl, add the chopped cashews, almonds, and pistachios. These nuts will provide a delightful texture to the dessert.
Preparing the Saffron Milk:
- In a pan, heat some milk and bring it to a gentle boil. Adjust the quantity of milk based on the number of servings required.
- Add sugar to the milk according to your taste preference, stirring until it dissolves completely.
Infusing with Saffron:
- Add a few strands of saffron to the milk, giving it a beautiful golden hue and a subtle saffron aroma. Allow the saffron strands to steep in the milk for a few minutes, imparting their distinct flavour.
Pouring the Saffron Milk:
- Once the saffron milk is ready, carefully pour the entire milk into the mixing bowl containing the crumbled Kesar Peda and chopped nuts.
Mixing the Ingredients:
- Stir the milk, Kesar Peda, and nuts together until all the ingredients are well combined. The milk will moisten the Kesar Peda and create a creamy and rich texture.
- Add yoghurt to the mixture and continue mixing until it is fully incorporated. The yoghurt will provide a pleasant tanginess to balance the sweetness of the Kesar Peda.
Enhancing the Flavor:
- Add half a teaspoon of cardamom powder to the mixture, infusing it with the aromatic essence of cardamom.
Refreshing with Ice Cubes:
- For a refreshing touch, add some ice cubes to the mixture. The cold temperature will make the dessert chilled and enjoyable, especially on warm days.
Serving the Kesar Peda Delight:
- Pour the prepared mixture into serving glasses, filling them to the top.
- To add a final touch of elegance, garnish the desserts with some chopped cashews, almonds, pistachios, and crumbled Kesar Peda.
- Refrigerate the dessert to chill and set for a few minutes.
- Once chilled, the Kesar Peda Delight is ready to be served and savoured.
You can enjoy the lassi as a treat on its own or with regular snacks to give your snack time a new twist.
10 FAQs about Kesar Peda Lassi
Can I use store-bought Kesar Peda for this recipe?
- Absolutely! It saves time without compromising on the delightful flavor.
Is it necessary to add chopped nuts?
- Chopped nuts enhance the texture, but you can omit them if you prefer a smoother lassi.
Can I make this lassi without yoghurt?
- Yoghurt is a key element, providing the necessary tanginess to balance the sweetness.
How long should I refrigerate the lassi before serving?
- Chilling for at least 15-20 minutes ensures the perfect temperature and consistency.
Can I use almond milk instead of regular milk?
- While traditional, using almond milk can add a unique twist to the recipe.
Is it suitable for lactose-intolerant individuals?
- Consider lactose-free yoghurt for a lassi that's gentle on the stomach.
Can I prepare the saffron milk in advance?
- Yes, prepare it ahead to save time during the final assembly.
What occasions are ideal for serving Kesar Peda Lassi?
- It's perfect for celebrations, family gatherings, or a delightful solo indulgence.
Can I make a larger batch for a party?
- Absolutely! Adjust the quantities to cater to your guest list.
Can I customize the nut toppings?
- Feel free to experiment with your favorite nuts to add a personal touch.
Enjoy how rich Kesar Peda Lassi is and all the other tasty foods we have made. If you want more tasty recipes every week, follow Chef Ajay Chopra on YouTube.