Christmas Cookies Recipe
Christmas Cookies by Chef Ajay Chopra
- Butter – 1 cup
- Castor sugar – ½ cup
- Maida – 1 cup
- Spice mix (cloves, cinnamon, star anise, black pepper)
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Egg – 1 no
- Milk – 1 tbsp
- Dusting flour to roll out the dough
- Icing sugar for garnish
1. In a Planetary mixer or using a hand blender cream butter and sugar till the sugar melts
2. In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients like flour, spice mix, some baking powder and mix it together
3. After the butter and sugar is creamed add in the dry ingredients to the mixer or the bowl, let it mix well, then add some eggs to the mixture, some milk until it forms a dough.
4. Take some dusting flour and knead the dough lightly, roll it out into any shape, and take desired cookie cutters and make the shapes you desire.
5. Place the cookies on a lined baking tray and bake them at 180 degrees for 14-15 mins
6. Once baked let the cookies cool, and garnish them with icing sugar and Serve.