Minestrone Soup Recipe
olive oil 2to3 tbsp
carrots small dices 1/4 cup
garlic chopped 2 tbsp
bay leaf 2
celery small dice 2 tbsp
onion chopped 1/4 cup
potato small dice 1/4 cup
zucchini small dice 1/4 cup
green peas 1/4 cup
crushed tomatoes fresh 3 to 4 no
boiled white beans 2 tbsp
basil 2 tbsp
oregano 1 tsp
penne 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
pepper 1 tbsp
- First, take few tomatoes and remove the top of the tomato and blanch it in hot boiling water for 30 to 35 secs and the immediately remove it and put it in ice cold water so that the tomato peel will come out easily.
- Then remove the peel of all the tomatoes and keep it aside.
- For tomato sauce: Take some tomatoes and then chop them in to halves and then remove the seed part and keep it aside, and then crush the other part of the tomatoes.
- Now take a pan and add some olive oil then add some chopped onions, some chopped garlic cloves and sauté it till it turns golden brown.
- Then add some chopped celery and the crushed tomatoes alon with some salt, some oregano powder, black pepper powder and few bay leaves.
- Strain the seed part of the tomato and take the juice and add it along with the crushed tomato into the pan and let it cook.
- Now add some chopped zucchini and some diced carrots and keep it aside.
- Next step take another cooking pot and add some olive oil to it and then add some chopped onions to it and let it sweat as in let it turn a translucent.
- Then add some garlic cloves, some dried oregano powder, some chopped celery then add the chopped zucchini, carrots and diced potatoes and sauté it for few mins along with some black pepper and salt and finally some shredded fresh basil.
- Now take the tomato sauce we prepared earlier and add some of it to the cooked vegetables and then add some water to give a soupy consistency.
- Then finally addsome blanched pastato the soup and let it cook for 2 to 3 mins and your Minestrone soup is ready.
- You can serve it in a bowl and then add some white beans, some basil leaves chopped and top it with some parmesan cheese.
- And finally serve it with some garlic bread or toast.