Chicken Momos Recipe
- 1 cup chopped Onions.
- 1 tbsp. Green Chillies (chopped).
- 1 tbsp. Ginger (chopped).
- Boiled Chicken.
- Handful chopped Carrots (optional).
- Handful chopped Capsicum (optional).
- Handful chopped Yellow Capsicum (optional).
- Handful chopped Spring Onions (optional).
- Salt to taste.
- Pepper to taste.
For the dough
- 1 bowl Refined Flour.
- 1 tsp. Salt.
- 1 tbsp. Oil.
- Put some oil in a hot pan and sauté 1 cup finely chopped Onions in it.
- Then add 1tbsp of chopped green chilies and 1tbsp. of finely chopped Ginger saute it well.
- Now add finely chopped boiled Chicken and then add a handful of finely chopped Carrots, Capsicum, Yellow Capsicum, Spring Onion to it.
- Then add Salt and Pepper as per your taste and 1 tsp. ginger-garlic paste to the pan. Mix it well and let it all cook.
- Add some water to keep it moist.
- Let it cook for 2 minutes. Water will evaporate a bit and bring the stuffing together.
For the Dough
- Take 1 bowl of Refined Flour in a big bowl.
- Add 1tsp. Salt and 1tbsp Oil to it.
- Knead it nicely with water.
- Cut the dough into small portions and make them into round balls.
- Now roll these dough balls flat and fill them up with the stuffings.
- Moist the sides with very little water and stick them onto each other, to seal it nicely.
- Now apply some oil on the steamer tray and place the uncooked Momos o
- the tray and cover them.
- Let it steam for 8-10 minutes.
- The crust turns almost white when they are done.
- Serve them hot in a basket with Chilli-Garlic Schezwan sauce.