Creamy Chicken Tarts Recipe
Creamy Chicken Tarts
Flour - 100 grams
Butter - 100 grams
Salt - 2 grams
Water as required
Smoked chicken - 100 grams
Celery - 20 grams
Red delicious apple - 100 grams
Mayonnaise - 40 grams
Rosemary - 1 gram
Salt to taste
Method for tart.
• To prepare the tarts.
• Take a bowl and add some flour in it.
• Add some salt to taste.
• After that add some chopped butter in it.
• Rub the whole mixture with both your hands, till it reaches a sand like consistency.
• Add some chilled water to it, and prepare a stiff dough out of it.
• Keep it to rest for some time.
• After few minutes, roll the dough into 1/3 inch.
• Take a tart mould,
• Line it tart mould with some butter and then dust it with some flour.
• Dusting some flour to the mould would prevent the dough from sticking to the mould.
• With your fingers, shape the dough in the mould.
• Now take a fork and poke it into to mould.
• It’ll help in even cooking.
• Preheat an oven up to 180° celsius.
• Place the moulded dough in the oven and bake for about 20 mins until the tarts are cooked.
• Keep it to cool down.
• Meanwhile prepare the apple filling...
Method for the apple filling.
• To make creamy chicken tart, first we’ll make a salad.
• start by chopping some red juicy apples, chop them into dice.
• In a bowl take 2tsp sour cream.
• Add some salt to taste
• Top it with a pinch of pepper
• And add 1tsp mayonnaise
• Mix them well together, it’ll give you a nice added punch.
• Add about 1tsp lemon juice to bring up the punch in it.
• After that add about 2chopped celery stalks,
• Finely chop it so that it gives you some crunch
• Also add about 1tsp finely chopped rosemary leaves to it.
• After that add in the apples that we chopped earlier to the mix.
• Add some 4-5 roughly chopped walnuts to the bowl.
• After that add about one whole smoked chicken after shredding and chopping it into small pieces..( smoked chicken give a lovely smoky flavour to the whole mixture.)
• TADA....The salad is ready.
• Place them in the tarts that we prepared Earlier.
• Garnish it with some thin sliced apple pieces.
• And then, your lovely creamy chicken tarts are ready to eat.