Khao Suey Recipe
For the paste:
Onions, garlic cloves, Ginger and lemongrass
For the gravy:
1 tbsp refined Oil
1 tsp turmeric Powder
1/2cup Chickpea Flour
2 cups Vegetable Stock
Salt to taste
1 cup diced Carrots
1 cup Cauliflower Florets
1 cup Broccoli
1/2cup diamond shaped Yellow Zucchini
1/2cup Diamond Shaped Baby Corn
1 tsp Sugar
1 cup Coconut Milk
1 cup boiled Noodles
1/2cup chopped Green Onions
1/2cup crushed Peanuts
1 tbsp Chilli Flakes
1 tbsp chopped Brown Garlic
1/2cup Brown Onions
Stripes of Egg Omelette
1 tsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp Chilli Oil
1 deep fried boiled egg cut into wedges
1 cup fried Noodles
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Make a paste of onion, ginger, garlic, cloves, and lemongrass.
- Then heat oil in a pan and as the oil heats up add the ground paste to it and then immediately add turmeric and stir it well.
- Now add besan to it, to give the mixture thickness and a nice flavor.
- Now bhuno the mixture until the oil starts oozing out.
- Once the oil oozes out then add the vegetable stock or add some water.
- As you add water or vegetable stock make sure you whisk it well to break the lumps.
- Add some salt to it for taste.
- Now add all the hard vegetables like carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, baby corn, yellow zucchini cover it with a lid, and let it boil.
- Once boiled add some sugar and 1 cup of coconut milk to it and stir it well
- Now take a bowl and add some boiled noodles to it and add some spring onion leaves, crushed peanuts, some chilli flakes, some fried chopped garlic to add flavour, some brown onion, some omelette strips (optional).
- Then we will add the gravy or curry to the bowl of noodles and toppings.
- Now garnish the dish with some more red chilli flakes, some more crushed peanuts, fried onions, spring onions, squeeze some lemon juice on it.
- You can add some red chilli oil prepared in hot oil. You can also top it with a deep-fried egg.
- Lastly, top it with fried noodles and your Khao Suey is ready to be serve.