Kashmiri Dum Aloo Recipe
Kashmiri Dum Aloo
- For the Tikki Masala:
- Take a pan and add a few Kashmiri dried red chillies, few cumin seeds, black cardamom, black pepper and roast them for a few minutes.
- Once they turn aromatic, take them out and grind them to a nice fine powder.
- Now in a bowl add the grinded masala and add hing, coriander powder, turmeric and red chilli powder mix all of it and add some mustard oil to it and combine everything.
- Your special Tikki masala is ready.
- For Dum Aloo:
- Take a bowl of baby potatoes and peel them off.
- Now pierce them from all the edges so that the potatoes can be evenly cooked from all the sides.
- Now take a big pan, put a generous amount of Mustard oil and fry the potatoes till golden brown.
- Now take the potatoes out in a bowl and keep them aside.
- Now take a small bowl and make a watery masala paste.
- Put Kashmiri Red Chilli powder, hing and Tikki masala.
- Add some water and make a nice fine paste.
- Now put this watery paste in the pan and sauté for some time.
- Now add the yoghurt and stir continuously till it’s cooked.
- Now add green chilli, ginger, salt and tomato puree.
- Mix everything well and cover the lid till it is cooked.
- Once the masala is cooked add water and fried potatoes and again cover the lid. Cook it in low flame for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add dried ginger powder and fennel seed powder and chopped coriander leaves and mix everything.
- Your delicious Kashmiri Dum Aloo is ready.
- Garnish with chopped green chilli, ginger juliennes and coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot along with steamed rice or Chapati.