Ajwain Mirch Paratha recipe
Wheat Flour for dusting
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Ajwain / Carom Seeds
Chopped Green Chillies
Salt to taste
Red Chilli pickle – As accompaniment
1 tsp Kasuri Methi / dried Fenugreek Leaves
- First, knead some wheat with water and salt to make a nice dough.
- Now take a small portion of the atta dough and make it round and make sure you make a nice thin roti, sprinkle some flour dust on it, and then roll out the dough into a nice roti as much as possible
- Once it is evenly and thinly rolled apply some olive oil on the paratha evenly and then sprinkle some salt, ajwain, and chopped green chilies on it and sprinkle some atta on it so that the oil doesn’t stick to the paratha.
- Now fold the paratha into several pleats just like a nicely pleated saree.
- Once you made pleated the paratha then roll it into a layered round ball, starting to wrap from one end to the other, and press it nicely.
- Once it’s done dust some flour and again roll it to make a nice plated lachha paratha.
- Now take a tawa and put it on the flame. Let it hot for some time. Then add the lachha paratha onto the tawa.
- Once it is cooked from one side flip it to another side and spread some olive oil on the cooked side and then repeat this on the other side.
- Your awesome flavourful lachha paratha is ready, garnish it with some coriander sprigs and serve it with a red chilli pickle. Enjoy!