- 1 litre Milk
- 1 cup Semiya / Vermicelli
- ½ cup Ghee / Clarified Butter
- ½ cup chopped Mixed Dry Fruits (Cashew, Almond, Chironji, Pistachios)
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- A small amount of soaked Kesar / Saffron
- 1 tsp Kewra Water
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Kismis
- ½ cup chopped Dates
- Take a large vessel and put some of the milk and allow it to boil till it is almost reduced to half and thick inconsistency.
- Then take another pan, put some ghee and once it’s heated up add the semiya and sauté it for a while.
- Now add all the chopped dry fruits like cashews, almonds, some chopped chiroji, and pistachios and toss it along with the semolina.
- Take out a little portion of sautéed semolina and keep it aside for garnishing.
- Once the milk is reduced to almost half in quantity, add some cardamom powder, soaked kesar, and kewra water, and mix everything well.
- Then once the milk is nice and reduced add some sugar in the milk at this stage and stir well and continue to reduce it for few more mins.
- In the sautéed semolina now add kishmish, dates and then add a small portion of hot milk mixture on top of it and cover it and let it boil for about 2 minutes until the milk is soaked.
- On the other side, sprinkle some sugar on the sautéed semiya that was kept aside for garnishing purposes. It will add flavor to this recipe.
- Once the semolina is done, take a plate, put the milk mixture, and then add the cooked semolina on top of it. Garnish with the semolina sautéed with sugar and dry fruits and few dates and serve. Enjoy!