Hot Cross Buns Recipe
Hot Cross Buns
- For dough
- 485gm Maida
- 55gm Castor sugar
- 6gm salt
- 2 pinch Allspice(cinmon,clove,nutmeg)
- 1pinch nutmeg powder
- 8gm dry yeast
- 240gm milk
- 1 egg
- 70gm Butter
- 75gm black raisins
- 40gm oranage candy
- 40gm truti fruti
- 1 Egg wash
- For maida paste
- ¼cup milk
- ¼cup maida
- For sugar paste
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- ¼ cup aoricot jam
- For dough
- In a milk bowl add dry yeast and sugar and leave for fermentation.
- In a mixing bowl add refined flour, nutmeg powder, allspice powder, salt, castor sugar, Black raisins, tutti fruti, orange peel, mix all the ingredients.
- In another bowl add 1egg and whisk. Then add butter and whisk again.
- In dry ingredients mixing bowl add a mixture of egg and butter and fermented yeast mixture mix all the ingredients and make a dough.
- Knead the dough like bread dough for the formation of gluten.
- Round the dough and Rest the dough for 1 hour Cover with a wet cloth.
- After 1 hour knock back the dough and roll the dough and divide into the same portion.
- Make a round ball.
- In a baking tray put butter paper and place all the round ball. Then apply water on top.
- Again rest the round ball for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour apply egg wash on top of the round ball.
- For maida mixture.
- In a bowl add maida and milk make a paste and put it into a piping bag and make a cross the top of the bun.
- For baking.
- Hot cross bun bake preheated oven 200 degrees for 20 min.
- For sugar mixture.
- In a bowl add icing sugar and milk make paste put it into a piping bag and make the cross top of the bun.
- Then apply apricot jam mixture on top of the cross bun and enjoy.