- 1 litre Milk
- 1 cup Semiya / Vermicelli
- ½ cup Ghee / Clarified Butter
- ½ cup chopped Mixed Dry Fruits (Cashew, Almond, Chironji, Pistachios)
- 1 tspn Cardamom Powder
- A small amount of soaked Kesar / Saffron
- 1 tspn Kewra Water
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Kismis
- ½ cup chopped Dates
- First, soak the rice for 2-3 hours and then grind to a coarse paste.
- Now take a pan, add milk and allow it to boil. Once it starts boiling stir it occasionally then after some time add condensed milk and then put the rice paste into it.
- Now stir in between keeping the oven on medium flame. You have to stir the milk and rice mixture occasionally to get a nice fine texture of cooked rice in a thickened milk.
- Now add some sugar and mix everything then add some cardamom powder once the mixture has slightly thickened at this stage.
- Meanwhile add dice some green apple and keep it aside.
- Once the rice is boiled and the milk is thickened, turn off the flame then add gulkand and rose syrup and mix everything well. Let it cool completely.
- Then take a glass and put the diced green apples at the bottom and add the phirni on top of it. Garnish with some more diced apples and some pistachios and serve.
- Your Gulab ki phirni is ready. Enjoy! On the other side, sprinkle some sugar on the sautéed semiya that was kept aside for garnishing purposes. It will add flavor to this recipe.
- Once the semolina is done, take a plate, put the milk mixture, and then add the cooked semolina on top of it. Garnish with the semolina sautéed with sugar and dry fruits and few dates and serve. Enjoy!