'Restaurant style Kadai Paneer,' the name itself will leave your mouth watering. Now imagine a twist of delicious vegetables in it, doesn't it sounds amazing. Chef Ajay Chopra is here with this yummy recipe for you to try at home, a new variant of 'Kadai Paneer' and have a good time with your loved ones. So do try and stay tuned.
- 6-8nos. french beans
- 6-8nos. baby corns
- 1 no. chopped broccoli
- 2 tsps. coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 2 nos. dry red chillies
- 2 tsps. crushed pepper
- 1 tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1 bowl finely chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh tomato puree
- spring onion
- green chilli
- coloured peppers (green, yellow and red)
- a scoop of butter
- a scoop of cream
- handful freshly chopped coriander leaves
- handful dry fenugreek leaves powder
- salt to taste
- Start with blanching the vegetables in boiling water. We start with the harder vegetables like french beans and baby corns sliced long, for about a minute in the boiling water. After a minute add chopped broccoli into this and again boil them for a minute. Then drain them and put them under cold water.
- Now in a fresh pan toast 2 tsp. coriander seeds, 1 tsp. cumin seeds, 1 tsp. fennel seeds, 2 nos. of dry red chillies and 2 tsp. crushed pepper. After they are toasted nicely, we grind it and make a coarse kadhai masala.
- In a fresh pan take some oil and roast 1 tsp. finely chopped garlic and 1 bowl of finely chopped onion till it gets golden brown. Then add 1 cup of fresh tomato puree into it and cook it nicely.
- In another pan take some oil. Add a handful of the rough/coarse kadhai masala, 1 no. of diced onions, 2-3 nos. of diced spring onions, 1 no. of split green chilli, a bowl full of long dices of coloured peppers, a bowl of chopped mushrooms.
- Now sprinkle some salt and 1 tbsp. kadhai masala over the veggies and roast them. Now add these cooked veggies, the blanched veggies and cottage cheese cubes in the cooked onions and tomato puree. Add more salt and a dash of water and let it cook. Then add a scoop of butter, a scoop of cream, handful of finely chopped coriander leaves, handful of kadhai masala and a handful of dry fenugreek leaves powder. Finally finish with a handful of spring onion greens, cook it for a couple of minutes and it's ready. Serve it hot and enjoy at home.
For more such amazing and delicious recipes, click here to visit my YouTube channel.