Say no to regular frozen packets, rather cook it fresh at home.Today I bring to you the secret recipe of making super crispy Potato Wedges at home. Watch the video and learn how to make Potato Wedges from scratch.
- 4 tbsp maida
- 4 tbsp rice flour
- 4 tbsp corn flour
- crushed black pepper
- club soda
- cajun spice
- oil for frying
- For coating:
- In a bowl add maida, rice flour, corn flour, salt, paprika, black crushed pepper and mix together. Remove the little quantity of seasoned flour we made and keep it aside.
- Add club soda to the remaining flour and make a lump free batter for your wedges.
- Tip: first add little soda and make thick batter, remove all the lumps. Once the batter is lump free add more soda and adjust the consistency.
- For wedges:
- Select good big size potatoes and wash them properly as we will be using it with skin.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise again. If the wedges are too wide, cut them in half lengthwise one more time. (approx 8 pieces from 1 potato.
- Half boil the wedges in water with a pinch of salt. Once the wedges are half done strain the water and keep potatoes aside. In this time make batter for coating the wedges.
- Take half cooked wedges in a pan and season it with salt, paprika, crushed black pepper. Gently toss the wedges so it gets coated from all sides. Add seasoned flour to the wedges and toss them again.
- Dip the coated wedges in the batter and then put it in hot oil for frying. Fry the wedges till it becomes golden brown in color.
- Remove the wedges from the oil once it is done and sprinkle seasoning of your choice. You can use amchur powder, salt, peper, cajun masala, peri peri masala.
- Serve it hot with a dip of your choice.
For more such amazing and delicious recipes, click here to visit my YouTube channel.