- Suji – 2 cups
- Curd – 1 cup
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Haldi – 1 tsp
- Carrot grated – 1 tbsp
- Chopped coriander – 1 tbsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Urad dal – 1 tbsp
- Hing – 1 pinch
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Cashew nut – 1 tbsp
- Chopped ginger – 1 tsp
- Chopped green chili – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 8-9 nos
- Divide sooji in two equal bowls and soak it in water.
- Add ½ cup curd, in both bowls and add salt and mix well.
- Add haldi in one of the bowls and mix nicely
- Put grated carrot, chopped coriander, equally in both bowls and mix it well.
- Heat a pan and pour oil and ghee
- Add urad dal, hing, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, cashew nut, chopped ginger, chopped green chilies, curry leaves and allow it to crackle.
- Put the tadka in both the suji mix equally and then give a nice mix.
- Add baking soda in both the bowls.
- Grease the idli mould and pour the idli batter, allow it to steam in a steamer for 5-7 min.
- After 5-7 min check the Idli if it is done.
- Serve the steaming hot Rava idli with coconut chutney.