Aloo Gobhi Ki Tehri
1 tbsp Ghee / Clarified Butter
1 tsp Black Peppercorns
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
2/3 Bay Leaves
1 cup sliced Onions
1 tbsp Ginger – Garlic Paste
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tbsp Water
1 bowl diced Potatoes
1 bowl Cauliflower Florets
Salt to taste
1 glass Rice – soaked for 1 hr
1 & 1/2glass Water
½ cup chopped Onions
½ cup Blanched and deskinned Tomatoes
Some chopped Green Chillis
Handful chopped Coriander Leaves
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Ghee
1/2 cup sliced Onions
- Take a pan, put some ghee.
- Then add the whole spices and stir a bit.
- Then add onions and fry till it is slightly brown.
- Now take a small bowl put some ginger-garlic paste, some turmeric powder, and water and make a nice paste.
- Once the onions turn light brown, put this paste and let it cook for a while.
- Cook the mixture until the strong fragrance of ginger and garlic goes away.
- Now add potatoes, cauliflower, and salt. Stir everything well.
- Now put the soaked rice and mix everything.
- Add some water and then cover the lid to boil everything well on low flame.
- After a few minutes, open the lid and check the tehri.
- Once the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked turn off the flame.
- Add the barista and some ghee from the top and cover the lid.
- Now take a serving plate, Put the Tehri, garnish with some more barista and serve it along with the chutney. Enjoy!
- Mix ½ cup chopped Onions, ½ cup blanched and deskinned Tomatoes, some chopped Green Chillies, handful chopped Coriander Leaves, 1 tbsp Lemon Juice,1 tsp red chilli powder and mash it with the backside of a spoon.
- Your chutney is ready.
For Barista :
- Take a pan.
- Put some ghee and then add the onions.
- Fry it till it turns golden brown.
- Once the onions are brown take them out from the pan and keep them aside.