1 CUP BLACK GARAM
½ CUP SALT
1 TBSP OIL
3 TBSP GINGER GARLIC PASTE
1 1 CUP TOMATO PUREE
100 GM BUTTER
50 GM CREAM
2 TSP KASURI METHI
1 TSP GARAM MASALA 1/2 TBSP DEEGI RED CHILLI POWDER
- In a bowl add some black gram some salt and some water to the bowl, to give a nice wash to the black gram and to lighten its color from black to brown.Make sure you rub the black grams between your palms to help make the process easier.
- Now throw the salt water and give it a quick wash and soak the black dram or dal in water overnight.
- In the morning take soaked take you will notice that the color of black grams has now turned light and dark brown.
- Now discard the water and add enough fresh water, pour the dal in a pressure cooker with salt and oil and cook for at least 5 whistles..
- After 5 whistles, turn off the gas and open the cooker and then add some ginger garlic paste and stir well.
- At this stage turn on the flame again and cook the dal in medium flame.
- The dal makhani will be cooked for a minimum of 5 hours.
- Then add some red chili powder mixed with water and let it boil for 1 hour.Make sure you keep stirring it in every 5 to 7 mins until it’s reduced.
- In case the dal gets thickened you can add little water to maintain the consistency of the dal makhani.
- Then add some tomato puree to give color and a tangy taste to your dal makhani and cook it for another 1 hour.
- Now add the most important thing that is some butter and cream and continuously stir and cook the dal makhani.
- In the end add some Kasuri methi and garam masala and let it cook for some time.
- Your Dal makhani is now ready. You can garnish it with some butter and cream and then serve it.