1. For the cake, sieve together the dry ingredients into a clean bowl.
2. In another bowl, beat together butter & sugar. Fold in the sieved flour mixture.
3. Finally add milk and vanilla essence and lightly mix, till you get a smooth cake batter.
4. Pour into a cake mould and bake @180 for 10 mins. (Since I use a combination microwave, I tend to bake at 200 deg C for about 4-5 minutes, followed by 4 more minutes at 170 deg C.) Remove and cool to room temperature.
5. Using a clean palette knife, apply whipped cream evenly over and around the cake or decorate as desired. Refrigerate till the jalebis are done.
5. Prepare Jalebis as per the instructions, dip for about 20-30 seconds in warm sugar syrup and keep aside.
6. Now for the assemling and serving... cut the cake into wedges. Place a jalebi on the serving plate. Keep the cake wedge on top of it. Garnish further as desired with more Jalebi pieces, cream and chocolate syrup!!!