Keep the warmth intact with the delicious sweet corn soup this winters as Chef Ajay shows you the delightful recipe. Easy to cook and amazing in taste.
For the stalk:
- 1.5 lit water
- 1/4 cup sliced onions
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped french beans
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 3 nos bayleaves
- 1 tsp peppercorns
For the soup:
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots and beans
- 1 tbsp boiled sweet corn
- 1 cup sweet corn paste
- handful chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp diluted corn flour
- salt to taste
- crushed pepper
- Take water in a cooking pot and put slices onions into it. Roughly chop some carrots and french beans and add them to the water. With that add some crushed garlic. Add a few bayleaves and peppercorns. Cover the pot and let it boil till the vegetables almost mash.
- On the other side take some butter in a fresh pan while the vegetables are boiling and lightly sauté some chopped garlic in it. Do not turn the garlic brown and add finely chopped carrots and beans to it. Boil the corns seeds and grind it to make a paste.
- Add some of that boiled corns seeds to the pan with the carrots and beans for a little bite. Add salt to taste, a bit of crushed pepper and the corn paste. Mix them together. Add the boiled vegetable water into this straining out the vegetables. Increase the flame and give this a nice boil. Now add chopped coriander, some more salt and a bit of crushed pepper. Add some water to a little corn flour and add this paste into the soup. Immediately start stirring after adding the corn flour so that it doesn’t coagulate there. Remove the layer of foam on the surface. And the vegetarian version of the soup id ready.
- In case you want the non-vegetarian version of the soup boil chopped chicken with the vegetable stalk and add egg drop in the finishing i.e beat an egg and add to the soup while stirring it nicely. Serve the hot soup in a bowl and garnish it with some mixed macro greens and enjoy the sweet corn soup with your family.
For more such amazing and delicious recipes, click here to visit my YouTube channel.