An instant recipe for a healthy snack, which you may enjoy throughout the day. #chefajaychopra serves the very yummy and #healthy #gujarati #snack ‘#khandvi,’ on your plate. Enjoy and stay tuned. #eveningteasnack #breakfastsnack #gujaratirecipe #tipsofkhandvi
- 1 bowl gram flour
- 1 bowl curd
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp. peanut/sesame oil
- 2-3 nos. split green chillies
- 1 tbsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. asafoetida
- handful curry leaves
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- handful grated coconut
- Strain the 1 bowl of gram flour. Mix 1 bowl of curd, 2 bowls of water, salt and turmeric in a bowl and then mix the strained gram flour to this.
- Now take the mixture in a cool pan and cook it on a mild flame while you stir it continuously or else lumps can form. In around 8-10 minutes it will form a fine paste.
- Take one or more steel plates according to your mixture and brush a thin layer of oil on the opposite side. Take the mixture on it and spread it into a thin layer over it using a flat spatula very quickly and let it cool down.
- Now we'll prepare the tempering. Take 2 tbsp. peanut oil or sesame oil in a fresh pan. Put 2-3 nos of split green chillies, 1 tbsp. mustard seeds, 1 tsp. asafoetida and handful curry leaves in the oil and cook.
- Add 1 tbsp. sesame seeds to this and toss. Cut the layers of the mixture into vertical strips and fold them into rolls with very light hands. Gently roll without damaging. Pile up the rolls in a mount and pour the tempering over it. Then garnish with a handful of grated coconut and serve.
For more such amazing and delicious recipes, click here to visit my YouTube channel.