Enjoy the delightful Tibetan ‘Chicken Momos’ with your kitchen mate Chef Ajay Chopra. This is a dish with a wide range of recipes but this one so much worth trying and is extremely simple. So, enjoy the recipes and stay tuned.
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp. green chillies (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. ginger (chopped)
- boiled chicken
- handful chopped carrots (optional)
- handful chopped capsicum (optional)
- handful chopped yellow capsicum (optional)
- handful chopped spring onions (optional)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
For the dough:
- 1 bowl refined flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. oil
- For stuffing:
Put some oil in a hot pan. Sauté 1 cup finely chopped onions in the oil. Add 1 tbsp. chopped green chillies and 1 tbsp. finely chopped ginger to the onions and sauté. Now finely chop some boiled chicken. Add a handful of finely chopped carrots, capsicum, yellow capsicum, spring onion to the pan. Now add salt and pepper as per your taste and 1 tsp. ginger-garlic paste to the pan. Mix it well and let it all cook.
- Now add the chopped chicken to the vegetables. Toss the mixture lightly. Add a dash of water to keep it moist. Let it cook for 2 minutes. Water will evaporate a bit and bring the stuffing together.
- For the dough:
Take 1 bowl of refined flour in a big bowl. Add 1 tsp. salt and 1 tbsp oil to it. Knead it nicely with water. Knead the dough with a firm hand to make it flexible.
- For momos:
Cut the dough into small portions and make them into round balls. Now roll these dough balls flat and fill them up with the stuffings. Moist the sides with very little water and stick it onto each other, to seal it nicely. You can make different shapes with the dough and stuffings. Wipe out the water droplets on the inside of the steam container and coat it with a little oil. Place the uncooked momos onto the tray and cover them. Let it steam for 8-10 minutes.
- The crust turns almost white when they are done and so you know. Serve them hot in a basket with chilli-garlic schezwan sauce.
For more such amazing and delicious recipes, click here to visit my YouTube channel.