(For the Pizza Sauce)
1. Take 2 tbsp butter in a wok.
2. To this add the chopped onion and sauté till translucent.
3. Now add the chopped garlic and sauté again for 2 mins.
4. Now add the finely chopped tomatoes and cook till soft. Add the salt , pepper, oregano , basil and chilli flakes.
5. Now add the puree and cook till the butter separates.
6. Now add in the tomato ketchup and stir till it is slightly thick and paste like in consistency.
7. Remove from heat and let it cool. The pizza sauce is ready for use.
(For the Pizza Topping)
I prefer to butter sauté the toppings for around 3-4 mins.
(For the Pizza)
1. Take the salt, sugar and yeast in a bowl. Pour the lukewarm water in it. Stir and set aside. This stage is for proofing the yeast. The yeast will completely dissolve and the water will bubble up a bit.
2. Now take the flour, olive oil and honey in a bowl. To this add the yeast mixture and mix.
3. Now knead the dough scraping the sides completely to form a ball.
4. Dust your work surface with a little flour. Now knead the prepared dough on this work surface for around 10 mins (The dough should be smooth and the finger poked in should spring back).
5. Take a greased bowl and roll this dough in it and cover with a cling wrap and set aside for fermentation.
6. The dough will ferment in around 2- 2 ½ hours. Now punch the dough and divide it into 2 equal balls and set aside again covered for a second rise.
7. After half an hour. Dust the pizza pan/plate (I used a 25cm pizza plate) with a little cornmeal.
8. Preheat the oven at 200°C.
9. Take one ball and stretch it to fit the pizza plate (The edges should be thicker than the rest of the base). Now make marks randomly on it with a fork and brush it with a little olive oil.
10. Apply half of the pizza sauce on the base.
11. Throw in some cheese slices on top of it (I used 3 slices for each base).
12. Now add in the toppings and the grated mozzarella & Cheddar Cheese.
13. Bake in the preheated oven at 200° C for 30-35 mins or until the pizza crust is golden brown in colour.
14. Slice and enjoy!!!