1. Wash and soak the flat rice in a bowl for around 10 mins (This time may vary depending on its thickness.The thicker it is the more time it will need).
2. Drain it in a colander with fine holes and add salt and 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder to it. Mix well.
3. Take Oil in a wok and heat on high flame. When the oil is hot add the asafoetida and mustard seeds.
4. As soon as the mustard seeds start to crackle add in the slit green chillies and curry leaves and let it fry for half a minute.
5. Now add the finely chopped onions,garlic and stir till translucent. Now add in the chopped potatoes and the rest of the turmeric and salt as per the onion and potatoes.
6. Fry for around 2 Mins. Then add in the sugar and stir for around half a minute.
7. Now add the coriander powder,garam masala powder, cumin powder,fennel seeds powder, red chilli powder and chopped coriander and fry for 2 mins.
8. Add in the drained flat rice and mix well so that the onion potato masala mixture coats the flat rice completely. Turn off the gas.
9. Squeeze the lemon and mix well and garnish with coriander leaves and Bhujia/Sev. Serve hot.